To verify the Legal Standards maintained by the State Legal Metrology Organizations of the Southern Region.The applications are as follows:
- The verification of Legal Standards of the Secondary Standard Weights, Capacity Measures, Length Measure and Balances.
- The verification of Legal Standards of the Working Standard Weights, Capacity Measures, Length Measure, Pipettes and Balances.
- Calibration of Analytical weights, Dead weights, Volumetric Glassware, Temperature Gauges, Thermometers, Pressure Gauges, Tension Gauges, Linear Scales, Tapes, Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Dial Gauges, Torque measuring devices, Test sieves, Mechanical and Electronic balances, Load cells and other weighing and measuring instruments of the Industries on voluntary basis.
- Testing for approval of models of Weighing and Measuring Instruments, which are of Legal control.
- Organizing Workshop / seminars / need-based training to the States’ Weights and Measures Enforcement Officials on Verification of Automatic and Non-automatic weighing instruments and Checking of net contents of Pre-packaged Commodities.
- To liaison with State Weights and Measures Departments in the region and conduct surveys to check the effective implementation of Standards of Weights and Measures Act and Rules.